Dementia Care in Waterford
Waterford Oaks Dementia Care Facility
Sometimes dementia comes on gradually. It may be hard to notice the subtle changes. But if someone is consistently putting themselves at risk, it’s time to consider a transition to dementia care.
Our Dementia Care Building
Our West building is a specialized memory care facility. It’s ideal for dementia support because it offers an extra level of door monitoring, an alarm unit and closer observation for everyone’s well-being.
Dementia care residents receive the same assisted living services we offer in our East building, and an equally beautiful and comfortable environment. We just take extra steps in our West building to protect our residents’ and other’s safety.
Types of Dementia
Dementia is the general name for cognitive problems caused by gradual changes or damage in the brain. More than 100 diseases cause dementia. Here are some of the most common types of dementia for which we provide memory care.
- Lewy Body
- Mixed dementia
Memory Care Activities for Residents with Dementia
We offer dementia-specific activities tailored to the unique cognitive needs of our memory care residents.
- Tender Heart comes twice a week for 45 minutes of fun, including arts and crafts that engage the brain.
- Live music therapy twice a week
- Balloon toss for exercise
- Adult coloring
Our Dementia Care Services
The services we offer our West building residents are done with the utmost respect and dignity. We strive to keep dementia care residents comfortable, relaxed and involved in activities. We deliver care services based on each resident’s schedule and personalized needs.
- Wellness checks and incontinence checks
- Around-the-clock supervision and protection
- Three delicious, chef-prepared meals per day, plus snacks and beverages
- Assistance with daily living, such as feeding, dressing, bathing, grooming and personal hygiene, based on an individualized assessment plan
- Beauty salon services, including manicure, shampoo, set and hairstyling
- Weekly laundry
- Twice-weekly housekeeping
- Administration of medications as prescribed by a physician
- Ordering and refilling of prescriptions
- Emergency call system in all rooms and bathrooms
- Enhanced door monitoring
You can also add on other services, like physicians, therapists, long-term care or hospice care, if the need should arise.
How to Know When It’s Time for a Dementia Care Facility
Memory loss can cause people to forget how to do things like drive, turn off the stove, or keep up with their hygiene. It also causes disorientation, confusion, and changes in behavior. Sometimes people with dementia might wander off and get lost or leave home and forget where they are and how to get back.
Dementia also takes a toll on caregivers. Caring for a family member with dementia or Alzheimer’s can be overwhelming. But our specialized memory care facility was created just for people with dementia and Alzheimer’s. We can keep your loved one healthy and safe.
Waterford Oaks Senior Living Community Feels Like Home
As a licensed adult foster care home with just 20 residents, we provide personalized dementia care in a home environment that is warm and familiar. Private suites enable seamless transitions between levels of care, and the owner of Waterford Oaks Senior Care is onsite every day.